Want to be published as well? Go to http://spectrumpublishing.blogspot.com

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Mehtab Mowgli



I am a poor artist;  hungry as I am

My poetry has no meat, just bones 

My experience limited, confined by a gilded cage

No road trips across desert sands or through rainforests with friends

I am Atlas, bearing the burden of beloved parents

Yet I will not abandon my parents for love 

I am their fountain of youth

But in truth my tender May flowers have begun to wither

Grandfather clocks continue to tick 

No Taj Mahal, no Pyramid of Giza, no Great Wall of China

Yet I will not abandon my parents for love

I only wish for a garden of my own

A balcony for love’s kisses

A cave to explore my desires

Yet I will not abandon my parents for love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mary Mayer Shapiro

Artwork by Anna Broome Cemetery The cemetery is outside of the town, located on the hilly side, encircled with a fence. People were dying to...