Want to be published as well? Go to http://spectrumpublishing.blogspot.com

Sunday, May 22, 2022

Michelle Smith and Gia Civerolo


Playing Dress Up


Playing dress up in your bright red heels

Wearing your lipstick 

Along with a strand of pearls

Staring at the mirror

I see traces of you

on my face

when I don make-up

with a whiff of perfume


I see our beauty

in living spaces

That breathes sparkling

jewels passed down from

wrinkled hands


Black and white

framed pictures smiles trickle

down

Dust falling 

down

Like twinkle

Twinkle little stars

While Tinklebell's pixie dust

forms Tiara crowns

on sleeping heads

while angel feathers

remember


The lily of the valley

I picked for you Momma/Mom

The May flowers are your

Hope and sweetness 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mary Mayer Shapiro

Artwork by Anna Broome Cemetery The cemetery is outside of the town, located on the hilly side, encircled with a fence. People were dying to...