Want to be published as well? Go to http://spectrumpublishing.blogspot.com

Sunday, May 15, 2022

Gwendolyn Fleischer

Photo by Aihua Gao

Birthday Bloom Bouquet 


Mayflowers, mayflowers

birthday girl flowers

all for me, all for me, all for me

 

pink rose buds, geraniums too

bright yellow daisies

handfuls of sun shiny faces of daisies


forests of sunflowers taller than me

apple trees blooming shading my way

sweet smells wafting over me


tea is served in a daffodil cup

path filled with rose petals strewn

stroll with bare feet soaking up aromas

 

May flowers, may flowers

birthday girl flowers

all for me, all for me, all for me


cover yourself with may flowers

may flowers, birthday girl flowers.

come and party with me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mary Mayer Shapiro

Artwork by Anna Broome Cemetery The cemetery is outside of the town, located on the hilly side, encircled with a fence. People were dying to...